P&C Underwriter DACH / Line of Business Owner
Korean Reinsurance Switzerland AG
About Korean Re Switzerland
Korean Re Switzerland (rated ‚A stable‘ by S&P) is a 100% subsidiary of Korean Re Seoul, the 13th
largest reinsurance group in the world in 2021 with more than USD 7.0 bn of premium. Korean Re
Switzerland’s mission is to build on Korean Re’s long-standing track-record in Europe and to expand
Korean Re`s footprint in the European reinsurance market. We are committed to providing
reinsurance services of the highest possible standards to deliver value for our clients, shareholders,
and employees and ultimately support their growth and prosperity. For more information about our
team and company, please visit www.koreanre.ch.
We aim to become a leading European reinsurer and an agile long-term partner for all core
placements of our clients in all non-life lines of business, serving Regional & National clients, Global
clients and Specialist Insurers. Korean Re Switzerland offers a vibrant and fast-moving environment
with a capable and highly motivated team. We live an empowered corporate culture with a strong
team spirit backed by the exciting long-term ambition and the support of a large and well-established
Asian reinsurance group.
About your role
We are currently looking for a P&C Underwriter to join our team with a specific focus on the German
speaking markets (Germany, Austria, Switzerland). Depending on the candidate and the portfolio
development this role provides the potential to become „Market Unit Head DACH“.
The ideal candidate possesses profound market knowledge, excellent technical underwriting and
communication skills and is capable of taking over the role of a topic owner in one relevant line of
business (LoB) for entire Europe, supporting the CUO and guiding the underwriting team in that LoB.
In your market role, you will drive the development of our P&C and Specialty Lines portfolio. This
requires excellent abilities to establish and maintain personal relationships with cedants and brokers
as well as strong technical/quantitative skills. You will also contribute actively to the definition and
implementation of our future business strategy.
As a LoB topic owner, you bring product underwriting knowledge and are prepared to expand your
know-how. You play a driving role in enhancing our underwriting capabilities across all European
markets in close collaboration with the underwriting and management team.
This is your opportunity to join a highly motivated and forward-looking team in an entrepreneurial
environment in which you can make a real difference by expanding Korean Re’s knowledge,
capabilities and strengthening our future business profile and footprint in the European markets as a
„Value-creating Reinsurance Leader“.
About you and your skills
- 7-15 years of underwriting experience in technical and client facing roles, preferably with a
leading reinsurer in the DACH region
- Strong underwriting knowledge and > 5 years of technical underwriting experience in one line of
business, ideally in Property/Engineering or Liability/Motor or Marine
- Excellent team player who enjoys working in a high-performance team culture with flat
organizational structure with a „hands-on“ and „can-do“ spirit
- Good communication and relationship building skills
- Strong analytical skills, experience in all aspects of underwriting including pricing, structuring,
- Readiness to assume responsibility in a lean organization with broad opportunities
- Entrepreneurial long-term mind-set, agility and creativity to seize short-term opportunities
- High degree of integrity, credibility, reliability and evident ability to represent Korean Re
- University degree in actuarial/natural sciences, business management, law or equivalent relevant
- Fluent German and English is a must, any other European language is a plus
If the above sounds appealing to you and you are ready to take on a role where you can really make
a difference, please contact email@example.com by e-mail.
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, sende deine Unterlagen per E-Mail an firstname.lastname@example.org