Datum: 27.03.2017 - Einsatzort: Frankfurt am Main
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re Corporate Solutions offers innovative insurance solutions for multi-national corporations around the globe. Backed by the financial strength of the Swiss Re group, we assist more than 50,000 customers worldwide in mitigating their risk exposure. With a workforce of 2,400 experts in more than 50 offices, Swiss Re Corporate Solutions is a growing business unit within Swiss Re that is seeking entrepreneurial talent.
Claims Expert (m/f) / Schadenmanager (m/w)
About the team
The Credit & Surety Claim Team is part of the Global Claims Unit within Swiss Re Corporate Solutions and responsible for efficiently supervising and managing the entire claims management process of the Credit & Surery EMEA portfolio and supporting other regions. Our goals are to provide effective and efficient claims management resulting in the maximization of Swiss Re’s claims and legal positions and the minimization of the company’s overall claim and loss liability on a gross and net basis while meeting contractual obligations, and provide exceptional customer service to external and internal customers. This also includes the monitoring of the performance of an assigned portfolio against expectations, collaboration with other units and development of new and existing products. We meet clients to review the handling of individual losses as well as to gather client and market specific insights.
About the role
- You are responsible for handling of claims for the Credit & Surety in EMEA with a focus on Surety (incl. syndicated facilities) and support the team on Bank Trade Finance & Infrastructure, Trade Credit, and Political Risk claims: strategy on claims, monitoring of claims, mitigation of loss, pay claims that are owed and reject unjustified claims, consistency and adequacy of case and recovery reserves, collection and enforcement of recoveries, timely and accurate reporting, including compliance with all best practice claims process and procedures, group guidelines and local regulatory requirements.
- You support the development of technical expertise, training, knowledge-sharing and lesson learned session with respect to Credit & Surety claims and advise Claims units in other regions
- You collaborate and align with the Team Leader as well as with Global Practice Group Leader, business units leaders and other experts, including Legal and Claims Operations
- You research and provide input on claim trend , data regarding claims, loss development, contract wording issues and any other information requested by other units within Swiss Re
- You deliver on team targets and KPI including costs
- Successful completion of a legal university degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years of C&S claims, bank- and/or insurance-related legal experience is mandatory
- Strong knowledge of and background in Credit & Surety with exposure to handling complex claims
- Strong understanding of reinsurance, insurance contracts and wordings
- Previous experience in syndicated loans, banks and insurance consortiums, LMA standard contracts and primary lead business
- Financial and statistical acumen with understanding of reserving rationale and the resulting impacts
- Seasoned personality to represent Swiss Re and the CCC in meetings with clients, good listener
- Strategic and solution-focused mind-set, ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to establish positive and productive client relationships; strong negotiation, presentation skills
- Self-motivated and showing a high degree of own initiative; strong collaboration, teaming and networking skills
- Proficiency in German language is mandatory as well as excellent oral and written English skills; Spanish language skills advantageous
- Willingness to travel if required
- Working knowledge of MS Excel and Word, strong PC skills are required
- Position can be filled in Munich or Frankfurt
Interested? You really want this to be your next challenge?
Apply now on:
Reference code: 28043
Job Location: Germany – Munich (München), Frankfurt (Frankfurt am Main)
Regular Full-Time Employee